Recent content by BeauZaux

1. BeauZaux

Folding@Home A Brief Pause

Several times I've spent days solving crunching problems. Several months after each eureka, it's back again and I commence reinventing the wheel. :cautious:
  2. BeauZaux

Humor me...I talk to myself

Sizzling is never good...unless it's bacon cooking. ;)
  3. BeauZaux

Shutting down for the week

Back up today. No power losses and only a couple of breaks on rain water plumbing. Switching at least one system to FAH to do some catching up. Also gladly back to prepping gardens. :USA:
  4. BeauZaux

No pool, but a 1500 gallon rain water collection system. Hope what I did was enough. Too late for anything more
  5. BeauZaux

I've been lucky so far. Pwr Co adjusted thermostat, but no other problem besides half a foot of snow. Also garden pipes froze and chlorine filter shell busted. Black and brown outs all around town.
  6. BeauZaux

Expecting freezing temperatures the entire week. This would be the perfect weather to run machines to the max if it weren't so unusual for San Antonio. The local government and power companies are begging folks to drastically cut back on power usage to prevent outages. I have no alternate to...
  7. BeauZaux

Individual Milestones III

I'm counting as milestones being team ranked in single digits on 7 projects and double digit on 7 more. Doubled my Milkyway and Gaia credits since last I posted. And Einstein is up to 24.5 million. Wow! Surprised myself. I'll never catch up with many, but thank you all for the tips and tricks...
  8. BeauZaux

iThena & Sidock

Kool! And, yes, it has been sporadic. :unsure:
  9. BeauZaux

Humor me...I talk to myself

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VESTER!!
  10. BeauZaux

iThena & Sidock

Finally got dual BOINC clients running on 3 Windows machines. Linux is proving to be a little more challenging due to my lack of Linux skills. I'll get there though. Only running iThena and WUProp running on the secondaries.
  11. BeauZaux

iThena & Sidock

Wow! 2000 in a day. Are you able to run multple WU's on a single machine? Multiple Boinc clients?
  12. BeauZaux

iThena & Sidock

I had both CNode and PERF WU's running together on both my Linux machines. I thought CNode was only Linux and PERF was only Windows, but I guess not. Now only getting one WU per machine again. 772 credits yesterday.
  13. BeauZaux

iThena & Sidock

PERF runs around 30 minutes and CNode runs around 2 minutes. Both give a flat 2.0 credits per task. Minuscule cpu time. I look at credits relative to the project. Since it runs non-CPU intensive like WUProp, seems it can't hurt and easy to increase team standing, presently 58. I'd run it on my...
  14. BeauZaux

iThena & Sidock

FYI - Windows WU's are available again for iThena.
  15. BeauZaux

Individual Milestones III

:)Woohoo! 3 Million on Einstein. Nice even though I ran out of Gamma-ray WUs a couple of times. Stopped running Gravitational WU's due to constant failures after they've run for hours. :cautious: