Recent content by Vester

1. Vester

Projects where the team needs help

I am READY as soon as IBM complete their review! I have been setting up this afternoon on my mining rig.
  2. Vester

Projects where the team needs help

I am running World Community Grid COVID-19 CPU work units on my desktop (AMD Radeon HD 7790) and checking regularly for the anticipated GPU work units. WCG COVID-19 GPU work has been developed and is under IBM review. When the GPU Beta starts, I will put the mining rig to work at WCG instead...
  3. Vester

MilkyWay@home

I hear your footsteps, ultraZ, and the team is gaining on third place. I'm glad to see that your two Radeon VIIs are on boinc version 7.15.0.
  4. Vester

MilkyWay@home

My mining rig is back to full production again after replacing one of the PCIe 1x to 16x graphics extension adapter cards. The computer uses four and this is the third one that has failed. I am not buying the cheapest brand again. We dropped to 5th for a while yesterday, but are back in 4th...
  5. Vester

MilkyWay@home

We slipped back to 4th by about 800 points. We have competition! Edit: I put my MSI Radeon HD 7790 back to work. It will turn about 75,000 ppd. ($35.00 on eBay) Edit2: I cloned the SSD to a SSHD after a second lockup of computer 4HD7990. When I removed the SSD SATA cable from the MOBO...
  6. Vester

BOINC Welcome iThena

I wanted to try it, but no work was downloaded. When I read the forum, they seem to have problems uploading results as well.
  7. Vester

MilkyWay@home

Thanks to a big push by Li, we are now in 3rd place! Thanks to everyone on the team.
  8. Vester

BOINC 7.16.11 client released

I read the release notes (without fully understanding the changes) and see no reason to upgrade since I am running 7.15.0 to keep my Milkyway@home WU queue full. I will try a newer version when a revision addresses the empty queue waiting time issue.
  9. Vester

MilkyWay@home

We have had cooler weather this August and have had double our normal rainfall. That is why my computer is running again without running us our of the house. Team USA is in 4th place again.
  10. Vester

MilkyWay@home

I look forward to the end of the current challenges so that some of you will return to MilkWay@home. We have dropped from 4th to 6th in the team stats. I expect to keep crunching as long as the air conditioner can handle the load. My computer, 4HD7990, is back up to 5th place and will top out...
  11. Vester

Folding@Home I am here for a Moonshot...or two

Yes, I have dual power supplies on the miner. I have a 1250 watt OCZ ZX for the motherboard/CPU and two HD 7990s, and I have just two HD 7990s on an OCZ ZX 1000. The power factor is better at 50% of rated load. Running fewer GPUs does not compute in my brain. :) [ Edit] I had to reduce...
  12. Vester

Folding@Home I am here for a Moonshot...or two

I blew the dust out of my old mining rig when I read about the need for GPUs to run COVID Moonshot GPU (OPENMM_22) projects 13420-1 to FAH. I am running one AMD HD 7790 and four HD 7990 (dual GPU) video cards. I have not noticed any delays uploading or downloading work, and I will run until I...
  13. Vester

Folding@Home Stats

Computer temperatures are not a limitation here, but the power bill due to the air-conditioner running certainly is! The team scored 8,585,361 points yesterday! BOINC.USA...
  14. Vester

Folding@Home Stats

My primary cruncher sounds like a hovercraft and was given a six-hour break today while we had family here. Just like the Jeffersons, we are "Moving on Up." BOINC.USA...
  15. Vester

Brad

Your GPU(s) will be more fully utilized if you run more than one work unit per GPU. We have discussions on several forums about writing an app_config.xml file to place inside the milkway project folder. Here is a discussion at EVGA that will give you an idea of the contents. I don't have Boinc...