Search results

1. N

WCG Beta Testing GPU Work

Nothing here yet.
  2. N

Still not getting any work here. I do have some network issues on that machine though, that may be part of the problem.
  3. N

Some growing pains are expected with a new application. WCG in general isn't a project you should run for the credit, there are much better choices if that's what you're into. There's bound to be someone complaining about the credit, either too much or too little regardless of what they do...
  4. N

GPUGrid Work Availability

Work is sparse, I was dry for a few days then a couple tasks yesterday.
  5. N

I haven't had any of these for weeks now.
  6. N

Folding@Home Stats

I don't know how they can screw that up for older cards. :rolleyes:
  7. N

Humor me...I talk to myself

Not a surprise it didn't work, but surprising that Nvidia broke it themselves.
  8. N

Individual Milestones III

3 million on MLC@Home. (y)
  9. N

Forum Upgrade to 2.2.4 Coming Soon

The upgrade is complete and ahead of schedule this time. :cool: As usual, let me know if you have any issues.
  10. N

Folding@Home A Brief Pause

I thought I had replied to this before but apparently not. I'm back in the saddle. Removing and reinstalling the client and controller fixed things. I was prepared to upgrade the OS but thankfully didn't have to take that step. (y)
  11. N

Yeah, the credit is terrible. I don't expect it to ever be on par with other projects but it will have to be increased some if they want a substantial user base.
  12. N

GPUGrid Work Availability

Work is out again, that batch didn't last very long in spite of the task size. It will be interesting to see how it goes when the 30xx series cards are more readily available!
  13. N

New Project - Kryptos@Home

I finally got around to attaching, work is running smoothly on Windoze for me. I haven't tried Linux yet, Windoze requires VirtualBox.
  14. N

Forum Upgrade to 2.2.4 Coming Soon

There are the usual bug fixes etc. I haven't seen anything major that should affect us here but it's good to stay current. I expect to do this Saturday night, probably in the 11pm - 1am Eastern time frame.
  15. N

I haven't had any of these for awhile, looks like they get sucked up as soon as they're available!
  16. N

GPU Newbee

It seems to be missing on my system, maybe it wasn't part of the package at the time I installed it. One thing I miss versus the Nvidia system is fan control, I might look into upgrading if I can control the fans. Temps are 74 and the fans probably aren't running faster than 50%.
  17. N

AMD RDNA chips for mining...good news for GPU BOINC projects

Seems like I posted this somewhere else on here, but I recently saw RX 570 cards listed at MicroCenter for 349. MSRP at launch for those was around $180 and you could usually get them for less. I paid around $150 for my RX 590! They sold out in a few days. The pc parts market is completely...
  18. N

Individual Milestones III

2 million on YAFU 600 million on MilkyWay! :D
  19. N

Folding@Home A Brief Pause

Yesterday I had a lengthy power outage that knocked everything offline. I have battery backups but not large enough to handle 5+ hours, even without any compute load. I'm having problems with the FAHClient app on the 2080 Ti machine. It runs but I can't connect any FAHcontrol app to it, so...
  20. N

GPU Newbee

Nice. I know about nvidia-smi, it never occurred to me to look for this.