Search results

1. N

ATLAS@Home Theory application reaches 5 TRILLION events !!

I'm not sure of the significance of this but 5 trillion of anything is pretty remarkable. :D
  2. N

World Community Grid: Open Pandemic

We have a list of #COVID19 projects here that we're trying to keep current. Thanks for the reminder.
  3. N

Rosetta@home BOINCstats Challenge - Rosetta@home Against Corona!

Stats have been a little wonky, probably just the overall load on the server is slowing things down. zombie67 from SUSA mentioned a similar problem a couple days ago.
  4. N

Folding@Home Stats

Climbing the ranks slowly but surely, even though work is sporadic. EOC stats have been up and down, right now they're down. For some reason they seem to be ahead of the official stats, but according to those right now we rank #1352 with over 65 million points. Not too bad! :USA:
  5. N

Just saw the results of that - pretty spectacular. :woot:
  6. N

Coronavirus COVID-19 Projects

I think it's been about a year since it was first asked about, so yeah my expectations are pretty low. :LOL:
  7. N

Salutations

Welcome to the forum, great to have you with us! Right now we're competing in a Rosetta@Home challenge, if you'd like to join us there that would be great. We've also been a top team there for years. Here are some other projects off the top of my head: GPUGrid (Nvidia GPU required, I suggest...
  8. N

Whoa Nellie! :woot: I'm suspending most GPU work, I'm still leery of running into a RAM problem but that will free up another 4-6 threads. :USA:
  9. N

I'm working through another batch now and these are mostly running 15-20 minutes, using 4 threads which seems more reasonable. This seems like an interesting project with a lot of potential, but I hope in the future we can get the stats exported.
  10. N

Any work that's already in your cache will have the settings from when it was downloaded. If you had no time selected and the project was using 16 hours, that might explain what's happening. I wouldn't abort unless you know for sure you won't be able to complete it before the deadline. If...
  11. N

BOINC@TACC work seems to be mostly faulty. I had a few tasks that ran almost 2 hours, showed no sign of CPU activity but still validated. I had a bunch that ran less than 2 minutes, pretty sure nothing of value was achieved but they also validated. The admin seems happy though so maybe it's...
  12. N

Looks like an interesting battle between Doneske and NorthAlabamaCharitable for top team rank in this one. :woot: I don't have hard numbers but my impression is, longer run times are penalizing credit. I changed my selection from 4 hours to Not Selected, run times seem to have settled at about...
  13. N

Folding@Home Stats

We had our best day yet yesterday! Just over 5.5 million! :D
  14. N

Thanks, I thought you were getting the number from the Tasks Ready to Send at the top.
  15. N

Some of that is probably for Android, nice to see that's available after a lot of folks asking for it in recent months. I got a fair amount of work sometime this afternoon, all machines are full now.
  16. N

I just saw on the Twitter that Rosetta is requesting help on Ralph to test this so I'm rolling over too. If there will still be work when I run out this WCG queue.
  17. N

Go big or go home? :ROFLMAO:
  18. N

They're still using 4 cores and I think run time is about the same, they run a bit longer on my system. Memory is around 120-130 megs from what I can tell, BUT there was batch of bad jobs with corrupt or missing files and I'm working through those now. REAL work should probably take more. I...
  19. N

Pretty much out of Rosetta here. re. the resource share, I think doneske has it right.
  20. N

Just got a whack of TACC jobs, multi-threaded VB work. If you're running these make sure you have Virtualization enabled in your BIOS / UEFI.