A new project...LODA

Jason Jung

USA team member
Error rate is back down to around 13%. Haven't seen any 197 errors but some tasks are now running super long and becoming invalid. Talking eight or nine hours instead of two hours. Hopefully the next app update being pushed out any time now fixes that.

"The error rate (timeouts) for the latest app version is 0.8%. I agree that we want to bring it down to 0.0%. Until we have all needed fixes available, I have disable the "update" profile, which causes these exceptionally long runtimes. In 24h, all newly started tasks should be ok. Please report back if you still see them on Sunday." --Christian Krause (Admin)

Jason Jung

USA team member
Evidently it wasn't another app update but a change to the work units. Error rate the last few days has been around 9%. Most failing early rather than at the finish line.

Vester

USA team member
Christian Krause posted at Loda:
I'm pleased to announce that we have reached a new milestone: more than 90,000 mined programs for OEIS integer sequences. Thank you all for your contributions to the LODA project!

Since our last major milestone in late of May, we have made various improvements to our mining tool, our infrastructure and project websites. This includes among others:

• * Reduced error rate and optimized task configuration
    * Checkpoints and improved progress reporting
    * Credit level badges
    * Programs per user monitoring on the dashboard
    * Complete rewrite and replacement of API server
Our next target milestone is to reach 100,000 programs. We plan to improve the quality of the mined programs by including additional data sources and extend the configuration of the miners to improve the mining rates. Reducing errors stays one of our top priorities. We rely on your support for reaching our next milestone and highly appreciate your contributions!

Cheers,
The LODA Team

Jason Jung

USA team member
Last edited:

Vester

USA team member
Thanks, Jason. I saw your name in a tweet a few minutes ago. You must have thousands of mentions.