Einstein@Home

RONNIE

USA team member
I've decided today to stop F@H for awhile and give this project (Einstein@Home) a try. This project accepts many kinds of GPU (AMD, Intel, NVIDIA).
We are now ranked at 13rd position. Let's see if I can contribute for a better rank!

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
I've set Einstein as the backup to my AMD folding rig. FAH work has been very steady recently so I haven't returned any Einstein work for awhile.

RONNIE

USA team member
@Vester : "Ronnie, I added Einstein to my mining rig and cannot understand why Einstein only uses five GPUs instead of 8. I wrote an app_config.xml file and a cc_config.xml file and it still uses only 5 GPUs. From the posts I've read at Einstein they must all be SETI people, e.g. humorless and unhelpful".
Originally posted here: https://www.boincusa.com/forum/index.php?threads/milkyway-home.1849/page-3#post-6273
I've used it for a very short time and with only one GPU. Have you seen the threads below? Not exactly what you need but perhaps they can help a little bit.

GENERIC MULTIPLE GPU DISCUSSSION

HOW DO I USE BOTH MY COMPUTER'S GPU'S?

BOINC GPU TASKS - COMPUTATION ERRORS

RUNNING MULTIPLE TASKS CONCURRENTLY PER GPU - HOW TO REVERT TO JUST ONE TASK

Vester

USA team member
They don't want mining rigs. I cannot override the 1 CPU per GPU requirement and have only 4 cores and not hyper-threaded. I am parting out my rig on eBay.

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
I'm late replying here but yes, Einstein requires 1 thread per task at minimum. I've read some of the work may take nearly 2 to properly support the GPU. I haven't run anything there for quite awhile as my rigs are old and pretty much all GPU work is right on the edge of being CPU bound, if not over it.

Gandolph1

USA team member
I've run Einstein off and on for a while now. Best to leave at least one CPU core free to deal with GPU work loads. The good news is a 2080ti will crunch thru each task in about 3 minutes and the 3080ti can do it in 2. Lots of points to put on the board...