PrimeGrid Great Conjunction Challenge

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
Are you in the mood for some math? Join us for the Great Conjunction Challenge! This is a 10 day event so make sure your CPUs and GPUs can handle the heat! :D

Start time: Monday 12-21-20 at 13:22 UTC
End time: Thursday 12-31-20 at 13:22 UTC

Both CPU and GPU (both Nvidia and AMD) apps are available.
Good luck everyone, let's find some Primes! :USA:

BeauZaux

USA team member
Great to see 25 USA crunchers on PrimeGrid yesterday. But there could be more, especially some of our regular challenge participants.

Also, I see 9 guests visiting as I type. Come on, join the team and join the challenge.
:USA:

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
Make sure you've selected the GFN18, 19 and 20 apps if you want to participate, and of course be on the team. :cool:

We're holding 14th. Let's keep going!

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
We're approaching the end. It may take a few days to get the final standings, in the meantime if you have work in the queue you don't care about finishing, project admins are requesting you abort:

At the Conclusion of the Challenge

• We kindly ask users "moving on" to ABORT their WU's instead of DETACHING, RESETTING, or PAUSING.

ABORTING WU's alows them to be recycled immediately; thus a much faster "clean up" to the end of a challenge. DETACHING, RESETTING, and PAUSING WU's causes them to remain in limbo until they EXPIRE. Therefore, we must wait until WU's expire to send them out to be completed.

Please consider either completing what's in the queue or ABORTING them. Thank you. :)

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
I can't believe I forgot to follow up on this, but the challenge is over. It may yet take a few days for the entire ranking to be verified, but for now we finished 15th! That's a great result on this project where historically we've struggled. Congrats everyone for this accomplishment!