USA team member
Cosmology@home has had a messed up SSL certificate for quite some time but muzzdiez on the forums found a work around to log in.
I had no idea how to login to my account for several months due to well known error that project admins have been totally ignoring for a lot of time (SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG). The website could be viewed through http rather than https, but the login form is inaccessible, so once you are logged out (intentionally or by timeout), there is no way back.
But after all, I figured out how to fix that if you have at least one BOINC client you have this project attached to.
1. Open the file named "account_www.cosmologyathome.org.xml" in your BOINC data directory (C:\ProgramData\BOINC, /var/lib/boinc, etc.) in a text editor.
2. Find the line that looks like this:
Let's call whatever you have in the place of "1234567890abcdef1234567890abcdef" the authenticator.
3. Open http://www.cosmologyathome.org (note http://, not https:// in the beginning!) in your browser
4. Open the browser console (usually F12 for Firefox, idk for Chrome/other browsers)
5. Switch to "Console" tab
6. Insert the command and hit enter:
Here, replace 1234567890abcdef1234567890abcdef by your authenticator you found in the step 2.
7. Reload the page. Voila! Now you're logged in.
I just leave it here in hope this manual might be helpful for those who are still have their BOINC clients attached to this project.