Humor me...I talk to myself

Jason Jung

USA team member
AT&T Fiber around me isn't great. Instead of offering a basic media converter or SFP we are forced to use the most garbage tier gateway that can only handle something like 512 connections. A single user scrolling Reddit too quickly can make it crumble. Even business customers are subjected to the crappy gateway so it's not super popular here. On the bright side some of the larger commercial/industrial spaces have access to fiber from other companies and 940/35 cable is available even in the poorer neighborhoods.

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
Spectrum (cable) is the only option around here for significant speed. I believe the top residential is 200mbps. A few years ago AT&T laid fiber down both sides of the road and I thought there might actually be some competition, but their price for their speed is terrible. The guy who ran it through my yard said my side of the road was going to be dark, it was just for backup. :(

Vester

USA team member
I added a LAN cable from the Upcountry Fiber wireless/4 port router to my desktop computer to get 950Mbps because the Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz wireless adapter was getting under 500 Mbps at 30 feet and two walls from the router. Pam's computer gets under 100 Mbps.

My iPhone 11 Pro allowed me to do a check at my computer and six feet from the router: 358/164Mbps down/up by my computer and 564/557Mbps down/up near the router.

Practically speaking, I could do with 500Mbps service and save $15 a month, but it sure is fun to download a CD load of data in a few seconds.

I don't believe anyone can tell a difference just surfing the internet between 50Mbps and 950Mbps.

Vester

USA team member
289034032_389939063164096_3064113615191154006_n.jpg

I live two miles from a road with a painted centerline. I love it! I installed a Cat 8 LAN cable from the router to my computer.