MilkyWay@home

Vester

USA team member
I look forward to the end of the current challenges so that some of you will return to MilkWay@home. We have dropped from 4th to 6th in the team stats. I expect to keep crunching as long as the air conditioner can handle the load. My computer, 4HD7990, is back up to 5th place and will top out at near 3,000,000 points per day.

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
I need to do some maintenance on #1, drain and clean the loop. Maybe I can find a couple hours to do that this weekend, and get back to MilkyWay if the weather doesn't get hot again.

Vester

USA team member
We slipped back to 4th by about 800 points. We have competition!

Edit: I put my MSI Radeon HD 7790 back to work. It will turn about 75,000 ppd. ($35.00 on eBay)

Edit2: I cloned the SSD to a SSHD after a second lockup of computer 4HD7990. When I removed the SSD SATA cable from the MOBO after cloning, I found that the SATA cable was much too easy to remove (almost disconnected). I had wanted to remove the SSD from crunching duties anyhow. I hope this cures my lockups. The ASUS B250 Mining Expert is usually reliable. If it locks up again, I will remove the Beta video drivers. ;)

Edit3: Installed WHQL drivers.

Edit4: Clean installation of Windows 10 Pro, updated BIOS, set optimizations and personalization. Running BOINC 7.15.0. Crunching, but had only 1/2 of daily output today due to lost time. I am going to get more RAM (16GB vs current 8GB). It was pushing my 75% RAM limit for BOINC and it had many hard faults because I was running 24 WUs at a time. I reduced it to 16 WUs, 2 per GPU.

Edit5: Replaced a PCIE Riser 1X to 16X Graphics Extension adapter card for one of the video cards. This seems to have fixed the lockup problem.

Last edited:

Vester

USA team member
My mining rig is back to full production again after replacing one of the PCIe 1x to 16x graphics extension adapter cards. The computer uses four and this is the third one that has failed. I am not buying the cheapest brand again.

We dropped to 5th for a while yesterday, but are back in 4th again.