PrimeGrid: Alan Turing's Birthday Challenge starts June 23rd

RONNIE

USA team member
That's, a good point, @BeauZaux! I am also hungry for challenges, but I'm even more hungry for the end this COVID situation (the disease and all bad things that came with it). Let's crunch and send this virus back to hell!

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
Are we doing this one? Not sure I want to take my GPUs off of FAH while COVID-19 is still being researched.
PrimeGrid has a series of challenges scheduled throughout the year. If you're crunching whatever subproject is featured in these, you're participating. There's not a team or individual opt-in like for a BOINCstats event, stats are automatically tracked by the project. It's not an official team event, if that makes sense.

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
Had a break in the heat here so I'm putting one card on this, plus a Colab instance for now. If you want to participate make sure you've selected the PPSieve app. CPU and AMD/Nvidia GPU apps are available. :USA:

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
Nick Name--What is Colab?
Computing resources made available by Google. You can get two CPU plus one GPU instance, up to 12 hours before it cuts you off.

You should be able to run any project. I don't run it more than a couple days a week, just to be safe and avoid getting banned or something.

Had a break in the heat here so I'm putting one card on this, plus a Colab instance for now. If you want to participate make sure you've selected the PPSieve app. CPU and AMD/Nvidia GPU apps are available. :USA:
Not sure what went wrong, found a bunch of tasks crashed and basically nothing was done today. All seems well after a reboot.