Shutting down for the week

BeauZaux

USA team member
Expecting freezing temperatures the entire week. This would be the perfect weather to run machines to the max if it weren't so unusual for San Antonio. The local government and power companies are begging folks to drastically cut back on power usage to prevent outages. I have no alternate to electric heat, so hoping everyone locally does their part to prevent a calamity. Where's that global warming when you need it.

Vester

USA team member
I appreciate your predicament. I know how difficult it is to shut down a computer. Enjoy the downtime for computer cleaning!

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
It's been cold here for the last couple weeks, cold meaning the high has usually been in the 20s. The heaviest snow of the winter is predicted, if it lives up to the forecast we'll have more snow than the last few winters combined. We've had no calls to cut power use here, most are heating with natural gas in this area. I just hope no one takes out a telephone pole and the power line with it, too many don't have sense enough to slow down in bad weather. Good luck!

BeauZaux

USA team member
I've been lucky so far. Pwr Co adjusted thermostat, but no other problem besides half a foot of snow. Also garden pipes froze and chlorine filter shell busted. Black and brown outs all around town.

Vester

USA team member
If you have a pool, turn off the pump(s) and remove the drain plug(s). Drain the pool filter, too. Disconnect garden hoses from the faucets.

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
Snow in Houston? :oops: That's pretty wild. The forecast here is 6-10 for the week, the bulk coming tonight into tomorrow. It was a brisk 12 here when I looked at the thermometer earlier. Thankfully no word about electric problems though!

BeauZaux

USA team member
No pool, but a 1500 gallon rain water collection system. Hope what I did was enough. Too late for anything more

BeauZaux

USA team member
Back up today. No power losses and only a couple of breaks on rain water plumbing. Switching at least one system to FAH to do some catching up.
Also gladly back to prepping gardens.
:USA: