Folding@Home Stats

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
Last edited:

doneske

USA team member
The extremeoverclocking site only goes to 60 pages and we haven't accumulated enough points to be listed. We need about 2.5M and we are at 2.0M. I've only contributed 6 results so I don't qualify for the QRB just yet. Hopefully tomorrow. I've only added a 4 core laptop and an old hexcore system which due to domain decomposition was trimmed to 4 cores.

doneske

USA team member
Extreme Overclocking stats seem to be good for team stats but it is missing all my individual stats and still shows me assigned to a team I was on back in 2014. Don't know if the individual stats get updated. Stats at Stanford displays my stats correctly.

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
Interesting. I haven't spent any time checking out the individual stats on EOC. When I first started and tried using my BOINC alias the Stanford site showed me on a team I had never been on. :LOL:

doneske

USA team member
Interesting. I haven't spent any time checking out the individual stats on EOC. When I first started and tried using my BOINC alias the Stanford site showed me on a team I had never been on. :LOL:
Since F@H isn't associated with BOINC, maybe someone else used your username. If they didn't have a passkey (which isn't required) you may be using their username. Now that you have a passkey associated with it they may be locked out. I have had my username for about 10 years so I don't remember if I had to create it using their website. Did you have to "register" your username or did you just specify it in the client at config time?

doneske

USA team member
I think FAH has attracted so many new users the servers are getting overwhelmed. I frequently get Bad Gateway when trying to access the Stanford team stats page.
All of their servers aren't very robust. Look at the errors on work servers etc. THere was a statement I read somewhere where they stated they don't allow access to the stats at the top of the hour while they run stats. They also don't allow direct access to their stats server, they create the team list and user list that stats sites can import. But I get the bad gateway message at all times, not just at the top of the hour

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
Since F@H isn't associated with BOINC, maybe someone else used your username. If they didn't have a passkey (which isn't required) you may be using their username. Now that you have a passkey associated with it they may be locked out. I have had my username for about 10 years so I don't remember if I had to create it using their website. Did you have to "register" your username or did you just specify it in the client at config time?
I forget the exact details, but someone had it first. It seems like I tried the same alias I'm using here, but the space wasn't accepted so I went with Nickname, or possibly NickName. Anyway my stats were then mixed with someone else as they showed as being on the other USA team and I showed as being on a team I was never on. I'm pretty sure I checked before using that but somehow things went awry. Anyway, to clean things up I went with NickNameUSA.

As far as the stat server, before today I got the Bad Gateway message occasionally but I was getting it this afternoon and also tonight. I just think their infrastructure is overwhelmed right now, from what I've seen they've gotten a lot of publicity from some of the big-time tech YouTubers. Companies like GitHub and others are also donating time. That would overwhelm any project.

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
Still usually getting the Bad Gateway error but I did see we added three more members last night! I was mostly on GPUGrid yesterday, now that I have exclusions in BOINC I'll be running FAH exclusively on one GPU as long as it keeps getting work. :USA:

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
Stats are usually reachable now. EOC was down at least for me for a few days but is back up.

I paused the FAH client at some point and forgot to restart it so it was down for awhile, maybe over a day. Work is still hard to get so it may not have mattered anyway. :ROFLMAO: We've had a few more team mates join - welcome everyone! - and we aren't that far from cracking the top 1000 which I think is great considering the circumstances.

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
We've cracked the top 1500 even though work is still hard to get. I seem to be having better luck on my AMD card than my Nvidia card, which is unfortunate because the Nvidia is much faster.

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
I have to run out some work I picked up during the outage, once that's through every available CPU thread will be on Rosie. :cool: