Folding@Home Stats

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
Climbing the ranks slowly but surely, even though work is sporadic. EOC stats have been up and down, right now they're down. For some reason they seem to be ahead of the official stats, but according to those right now we rank #1352 with over 65 million points. Not too bad! :USA:

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
Right now we are sitting on exactly 1000! :woot:

Work has been a lot steadier recently, if you'd like to give it another shot it seems like as good a time as any.

Last edited:

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
It's official! We're a top 1000 team! :woot: The steady flow of work the last few days has definitely helped us climb. (y)

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
We're currently #925 and rising! :cool: Since GPUGrid has hit a lull I'll be rolling most of my GPUs over to F@H this weekend. That should give us a little boost. Work has been plentiful the last couple weeks or so, much better than the first couple months. Now's a great time to get Folding if you've been waiting to take the plunge! :USA:

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
I got the 2nd Nvidia card working after figuring out the config format, but for the first time in several days - that I'm aware of - I've had idle cards. It's weird to see one card getting work and the other not, I guess just luck of the draw. I've hit a small snag, I can't find a way to interact via scripts with the 2nd F@H client. Any command connects to the default 36330 port, I need to connect to 36331. I guess I will need to run both of them under the same client. I would already be doing that, but haven't been able to add a 2nd slot with the correct OpenCL assignment.

Vester

USA team member
I had my best day yesterday, but my computer restarted for a Windows Update early today and trashed eight work units in progress. I changed it to notify me instead of restarting automatically. We are currently 917th.

Rank
Overall
Change
24hr
Change
7days
WUs
Total
917​
+7​
+46​
5,570,746​
6,403,963​
38,995,220​
824,457​
1,512,175​
1,512,175​
228,854,698​
8,720​

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
... I guess I will need to run both of them under the same client. I would already be doing that, but haven't been able to add a 2nd slot with the correct OpenCL assignment.
Installing the latest. 7.6.13 client solved this problem, but it didn't solve the OpenCL problem with my VII. I'll just keep that one on MilkyWay.

I had my best day yesterday, but my computer restarted for a Windows Update early today and trashed eight work units in progress. I changed it to notify me instead of restarting automatically. We are currently 917th.

How is that mining setup performing? GPUGrid uses a lot of PCI bandwidth and as F@H work is similar I thought it would too, but it doesn't seem to use as much. The riser penalty shouldn't be too bad.

Vester

USA team member
The miner (four HD 7990s on PCIe x1 risers) plus an old Core 2 Duo (2.4Ghz) with an AMD 7790 turned in 32 WUs and earned 649,335 points yesterday. That means about 500,000 points per day for the miner. It is much better on projects such as Collatz, Milkyway, and PrimeGrid.

The bandwidth isn't killing me anymore. I checked last night and it has used 19 GB in five days. I can tolerate that much data. Delays/failures for uploads are infrequent.

I don't think I am being awarded bonus points or even full value for many jobs. They may still have a stats update in the future that corrects their errors. Points are a motivator but the science results are my priority at this time.

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
I don't think I am being awarded bonus points or even full value for many jobs. They may still have a stats update in the future that corrects their errors. Points are a motivator but the science results are my priority at this time.
BOINC's credit tracking is much better. I don't know a good way to tell if that's working correctly or not. If you've created and correctly entered the PassKey and you're getting work returned quickly, that's all you can do.

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
We're on the cusp of cracking the top 900, at #904!! We're going to greatly surpass last month's total output! Fold on! :USA:

Vester

USA team member
We had an "average" day yesterday at more than six million points and we have passed 12 teams in 24 hours.

BOINC.USA

Rank
Overall
Change
24hr
Change
7days
WUs
Total
891​
+12​
+59​
6,499,480​
6,100,018​
45,496,358​
1,087,993​
1,087,993​
22,852,231​
250,194,754​
9,248​

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
I had a brief power outage and lost a few hours yesterday. Things are mostly back to 100%, got a problem with the wifi adapter on the AMD system that's slowing things down a bit.

Vester

USA team member
We had great days yesterday and the day before with 8,144,450 and 8,021,275 points. Current stats:
BOINC.USA

Rank
Overall
Change
24hr
Change
7days
WUs
Total
861​
+13​
+72​