WCG - Microbiome Immunity Project Leaving.

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
I thought this was one of the most underrated projects in terms of its importance to human health. The microbiome has been under appreciated and little research has been done compared to the vast amounts spent on developing medicines etc. We have learned in recent years its affect is profound.

This happened a few years ago to another of my favorite projects, POEM. In that case GPU performance and cost got to a point where they started doing everything in house and no longer needed BOINC. The human health projects seem to be dwindling, except for FAH. :(

RONNIE

USA team member
I thought this was one of the most underrated projects in terms of its importance to human health. The microbiome has been under appreciated and little research has been done compared to the vast amounts spent on developing medicines etc. We have learned in recent years its affect is profound.

This happened a few years ago to another of my favorite projects, POEM. In that case GPU performance and cost got to a point where they started doing everything in house and no longer needed BOINC. The human health projects seem to be dwindling, except for FAH. :(
We still have Rosetta and other WCG projects.

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
We still have Rosetta and other WCG projects.
Rosetta frankly is not being run well. Lots of jobs in recent weeks have been misconfigured with RAM requirements set incorrectly, leading to idle machines. Admins are nowhere to be found. I'm still running it but I'm losing patience. As for WCG I think some of the projects are more or less on hold as far as BOINC work is concerned. I know I've only been getting MCM and MIP work for CPU. Regardless, in terms of the total number of BOINC projects this a very low percentage of what I consider valuable work.