BOINC Welcome Ramanujan Machine

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
I tried to sign up so I could create the team but I'm getting an error that says please enter an email address in the form of name@xxx.yyy. I certainly know how to enter an email address. I'll try again later this weekend.

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
Still getting the same error.
Invalid email address: please enter a valid address of the form name@xxx.yyy
I tried getting into the Discord for support since the forum isn't available, but it wanted my phone number which made me lose interest pretty quickly. I can see people are signing up as the stats are showing, so this might be specific to me in some way. Has anyone else tried to sign up here?

Gandolph1

USA team member
OK - I just attempted the sign-up from the BOIC stats manager. After entering the sign-up code as requested I noticed that the status of the project immediately changed to say "Project Down" So I don't think it signed me up for anything... No new projects show either

doneske

USA team member
I signed up via the webpage... That's the way I usually do it as I checkout the project before signing up. I run a very small group of projects.

Gandolph1

USA team member
I'm only running two projects myself Einstein and Rosetta, but Rosetta is a PIA and no matter what I've tried I cant get it to send me a steady supply of Virtualbox based tasks, so my machines are stuck doing the older Rosetta tasks which don't show up very often.

doneske

USA team member
It has been a while since I ran any Rosetta work and have never ran any of the vbox tasks. I have issues with vbox related to the Linux kernel and updates. Last time I put updates on the Kernel vbox wouldn't install. The updated kernel had changed the name of some kernel variables and vbox didn't like it. Had to wait a few months for a vbox update to be released that fixed the problem. I have it working again on one system must never went back and messed with it on the other system. I have the same issues with AMD driver code where I finally get it installed and working and then an update messes it up again. I'm having an issue now where the 358 version of the 4.18 kernel won't boot on my Ryzen 9 processor. Fell back to the 348 version. I assume some kernel update doesn't match the firmware. Waiting for a kernel or firmware update before trying it again.

Gandolph1

USA team member
Well, the main probhlem with the Vbox tasks on my machine was I had aborted several tasks and it appears Rosetta was punishing me for a day. After approximatelya day of fooling with it the tasks started coming in and they run like clock work on my Windows system. So As long as it keeps running like this I'm happy to crunch for them.

Nick Name

Administrator
USA team member
I forgot about this for awhile but got it resolved tonight. The email message is misleading, probably intentionally so as it's definitely a security / IP filter issue. It looks like they enabled BOINC-wide import as the team was there and I was listed as the founder. We don't currently have anyone crunching here so if you've ever wanted to be the top team cruncher on a project now's your chance. :D

Vester

USA team member
... We don't currently have anyone crunching here so if you've ever wanted to be the top team cruncher on a project now's your chance. :D
I started crunching there today. I am in first and last place.